What you need to know
Netgain knows the importance of and values the privacy of all its customers. We agree that how your personal information is collected, used, and shared is important and we take this responsibility seriously. Our primary goal is to provide you with exceptional service, and we understand that you may have questions or concerns regarding your personal information and how it will be used. You can talk to us about this policy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This document describes how Netgain will process (collect, transmit, store, use, share, and erase) personal information. This document will help you make an informed decision about how you want to use our products and services.
This policy does not include anonymized and aggregated data.
In this policy, the term “personal information” is used to describe information that can be associated with a specific individual and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user. The information we collect
The Netgain products you use and how you use them dictates which personal information is collected. Netgain collects personal information when you directly interact with Netgain in the following ways:
- Browsing Netgain.tech
- Completing an application and creating a Netgain account
- Making a purchase of our software or downloading our free version
- Communicating (e.g., calling, chatting, or interacting with us, including Integrations, Customer Experience, or Sales interactions)
- Interacting with us at a conference or event
Information we collect when you use our products and services
If you are purchasing or using a Netgain product, we need to process a certain amount of information about you, your business, and individuals associated with your business to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and to address our fraud risks. We will collect the following information:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Business name
- Business address
- Business industry
- Business tax ID
- Business revenue
Information needed to use our products and services
Personal information is required to be processed when your business assigns a credit card to you. To use this service, we will collect:
- Your name
- Your email
- Your phone number
Information processed when you make a transaction
When a payment is made by you for the Netgain product, we collect information about your transaction. The transaction information is received: (i) directly from you; (ii) from the issuing bank; and/or (iii) from the card networks. We will collect:
- Payment method information
- Purchase amount
- Purchase date
- Purchase location
- Receipt information
- Information provided to us by the card network associated with transactions, merchants, or cardholders
Cookies and trackers
- Provide you with services such as those that allow you to interact with our Customer Success team
- Perform website analytics
- Prevent fraud and prevent attacks against our websites and services
- Assign you a unique identifier so we can record: (i) websites you visit; (ii) length of time the advertisement was visible; and (iii) IP address
- You have the option to block cookies and other activity tracking tools used by us; however, in doing so, you may limit the functionality and use of certain features of our services.
Information processed when you interact with Netgain
Personal information may be collected about you when you interact with our customer-facing teams (e.g., Customer Success, Growth, Sales, or Marketing) through phone calls, chat services, or email. We may collect:
- Your name
- Your email, phone number, or other contact information
- Content of your communications and survey responses
Information from person(s) under the age of 18
We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from any individuals under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. How we protect & store personal information
We store and process your personal information using third-party servers located in secure data centers in the United States. The information is protected by physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We employ electronic safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption. We enforce physical access controls to our office and files. We authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of our administrative, managerial, and technical safeguards.
If Netgain learns of a systems security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using Netgain, you agree that Netgain may communicate with you electronically. Netgain may post a notice on the website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice of a security breach) you should notify us. How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, fun, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions or your network activity
- Prevent potentially fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our user agreement
- Customize, personalize, measure and improve our services and the content and layout of our website
- Send you updates about new products and services that we are offering to customers
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties
- Perform other duties as required by law
How we share personal information with other parties
Netgain does not share your personal information with third parties for promotional or marketing purposes. Our marketing efforts will come directly from Netgain.
We may share your personal information with:
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties if compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure, when it is necessary to do so to comply with law, or where the disclosure of personal information is reasonably necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of the Netgain User Agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
- Third-party service providers who assist us in providing services to you or who provide fraud detection or similar services on our behalf.
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (for example, fraud prevention, payment processing, or technology services); Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Other third parties with your consent or at your direction to do so.
- Except as permitted by law, Vermont is an opt-in state, and we cannot share consumer information with third parties without permission from the consumer.